Air Conditioning Repairs in Rock Hill, SC
Is your air conditioner not properly cooling your house? Is your condenser than usual? Do you have a leaky evaporator coil? These can all signal you need air conditioner repair services or air conditioning maintenance from a trust AC contractor.
Whether you need central AC repair or AC maintenance, Call our background-checked pros at MYK Air for services in Rock Hill, SC.
Are you looking for an alternative way to cool your house? Contact us to learn about our ductless mini split AC systems.
When To Schedule AC Repairs
Is your air conditioner running, but your house feels warmer than it should? If you’re not sure if there is a problem with your AC system that needs repairs, watch for these symptoms:
- Your property no longer reaches its desired temperature.
- The unit isn’t producing cold air.
- Moisture is pooling under your ducts or near the drain tube.
- You notice hot and cold spots around your home, meaning the system isn’t cooling your house evenly.
- Your monthly utility bills increase.
- Your unit is nearing the end of its life expectancy.
If you experience these issues, call our expert technicians at MYK Air to schedule air conditioning repairs.
Air Conditioning Emergency? Steps To Take
When you experience an emergency with your air conditioner, you might immediately panic and think about how uncomfortable your house is going to be without a working AC unit. However, it’s important to stay calm and take the right steps to ensure you are getting help as soon as possible.
The first thing you should do is call for professional services. An expert will give you tips on what to do before they arrive, including:
- Turn off your system to prevent further damage and reduce risks to your family.
- Turn on fans to help cool your home.
- Use a dehumidifier if you have one.
- Clean around your unit and remove any obstacles to ensure the technician has a clear path to your unit.
Is your air handler malfunctioning? Contact us to learn about our air handler services.
What Happens During An Air Conditioner Tune-up
When you schedule an annual AC tune-up on your system – as our experienced AC contractors suggest – our technicians will complete a thorough inspection. Some of the tasks they will perform are:
- Check the refrigerant to ensure the right amount is in the system.
- Check for leaks.
- Examine the air ducts for debris or leaks.
- Inspect the evaporator coil to ensure it’s functioning properly and that the right amount of air is flowing through it.
- Check the electric control sequence and make sure the cooling and heating sequences are not operating at the same time.
- Inspect the electric terminals.
- Apply oil to the motors as needed.
- Examine the belts.
- Ensure all components are functioning as expected.
When you need air conditioning repairs to fix a malfunctioning unit, call MYK Air at 704-461-3456 to schedule appointments in York County. We offer straightforward pricing!