AC Refrigerant Leak Repairs in Rock Hill, SC
Have you noticed moisture leaking from your air conditioner? Or maybe your house isn’t as cool as it should be? This can signal you have an AC refrigerant leak or need freon replacement services. Call our experienced AC contractors at MYK Air for services in Rock Hill, SC. We offer flat-rate pricing.
If your AC system is no longer properly cooling your house, call us for air conditioning repairs.
Symptoms of a Refrigerant Leak
While moisture can be an obvious sign of an air conditioner refrigerant leak, there are also other symptoms you can watch for. Some other signs our AC contractors suggest watching for are:
- Your house is less cool: Your home isn’t reaching the desired temperature on your thermostat.
- Ice or frost on the evaporator coil: When the refrigerant level gets too low, the evaporator coil can no longer absorb heat to warm up the cold refrigerant. This can lead to moisture that can turn to ice or frost on the coil.
- Hissing sounds: Hissing sounds coming from the unit can signal a leak.
Leave Refrigerant Leaks Repairs to the Experts
Repairing a refrigerant leak is not a DIY project. This is a job you want to let the professionals handle. Experts need to complete the repairs in order to:
- Add high-quality refrigerant to properly fill the system. A professional will know what type to add for the best results.
- Ensure the right amount of refrigerant is added. Adding too much during a freon replacement can damage the system and require a replacement.
- Locate and repair the leak.
Is your house not cooling off? It could be due to a malfunctioning air handler. Learn about the air handler services we provide to York County.
Causes of Refrigerant Leaks
Refrigerant leaks are common issues with AC units. Some causes of these problems can include:
- Formation of formic acid from the copper lines.
- Vibrations that cause lines to move, leading to potential leaks.
- Over time the wear and tear on your unit can cause the joints and connections to weaken.
If you have an AC refrigerant leak, call our trustworthy technicians to repair it or replace the freon.
Do you need an AC refrigerant leak repaired? Call MYK Air at 704-461-3456 to schedule appointments in York County. We use the latest technology.