Evaporator Coil Services in Rock Hill, SC
You need your evaporator coil to work properly to keep your house or building cool and comfortable. If it malfunctions, you need to repair it as soon as possible to prevent your house from getting hot and humid. Call our AC contractors for services in Rock Hill, SC. We only hire trustworthy technicians who have been background checked and drug tested.
Ready to install a new cooling system? Contact us to learn about our ductless mini split AC systems.
Why You Need Timely Evaporator Coil Services
When your evaporator coil malfunctions, it’s essential to have it repaired as soon as possible. Some reasons to quickly schedule services are:
- Cost savings: Catching an issue with your unit early can let you potentially repair the component instead of replacing it, or catch the problem while the part is still covered under warranty. If the component needs a major repair, you should ask the technician if it is more cost-effective to replace the part rather than repair it.
- Increased comfort: Getting your unit repaired in a timely manner can help you avoid interruptions in usage of your air conditioning system.
- Reduction in energy usage: Having the unit repaired ASAP can allow you to save energy. When the unit malfunctions the AC system might continue to run, but the unit will use more energy than usual to try to keep the house at a comfortable temperature.
Common Issues With Evaporator Coils
There are common issues that can require professional evaporator coil repairs. Some symptoms to watch for are:
- Refrigerant leaks: If you suspect you have a leak you should have it inspected by a professional. They can detect if there is a problem, repair it and add the appropriate amount of coolant.
- Unpleasant odors: A foul smell in your home can be due to bacteria and mold forming on the coil. This can be caused by moisture collecting on the component, resulting in the growth of foul-smelling bacteria.
- Frozen coils: If water remains on coils for too long, it can freeze, as the components are typically around 32° F. The frozen water can cause the blades to coat with ice, which can cause serious issues for the AC unit.
Is cool air not reaching various parts of your house? Contact us to learn about our air handler services.
Maintenance Tasks To Perform on Evaporator Coils
Our AC contractors recommend performing regular maintenance on your evaporator coil. Some tasks they recommend you perform often are:
- Make sure the coils are clean and dry.
- Remove debris that comes into contact with the component.
- Have the air conditioning unit serviced at least once a year, preferably before the summer months.
- Check the air ducts for clogs or leaks.
- Have the component inspected during your annual AC tune-up to check for any potential problems.
- Clean or change the air filters regularly, ideally at least every one to three months. Dirty or clogged filters can reduce the efficiency of the unit, increase the operating cost and lessen the indoor air quality.
- Check for blocked filters, as these can be dangerous if they are suctioned out of position and interfere with the blower assembly.
When you need evaporator coil replacements or repairs, call MYK Air at 704-461-3456 to schedule appointments in York County. We guarantee satisfaction!